Though Apple has been taken offensives since Steve Jobs passed away, nobody can question it’s still the number 1 brand. At least that’s what millennials say when they rush to keep buying its products, as the launch of the iPhone 7 proved once again.
This feature-based excitement to find out what’s new on the last iPhone has already become a tradition, and we are sure Apple is taking advantage and already working on their next launch, although they have just presented a couple of days ago the new iPhone 7. And what’s new about this last one?
The new iPhone 7 has come with some improvements and new features:
- Water resistant.
- A dual lens camera system: two 12 mp cameras with a zoom of 10x.
- A processor twice as fast as the Iphone 6’s.
- Battery that lasts 2 hours more than its predecessor.
- 25% brighter screen than the previous model’s.
- Compatible with Airpods. You can’t plug in your regular headphones, unless you have an adapter.
- Bonus track: Super Mario Bros is now exclusive for iOS. Apple has partnered with Nintendo and will offer the game for a minimum price on the iOS store. We still haven’t quite figured out this move, but it must be something like “collecting votes” right?
But what called most of the public’s attention was the new Airpods. What about them?
Weird technology products with no sex appeal haven’t made their way to survival in the market. But Apple did. And we question ourselves. What is the key to what Apple has achieved? We’ve come to an answer: Apple has begun developing jewelry with technology. They build products with sex appeal, that turns technology into items for social acceptance.
Taking out the old headphone jack allowed designers to create a thinner phone with less breaches in performance when it comes to water resistance. But some users have started complaining, because they can’t use their regular favorite headphones, and they feel a little disappointed, as they realized they are becoming more dependable on Apple and their decisions if they want to keep playing on the “I have the last brand new Iphone” world. Apple’s New Airpods cost $160 more above your phone, but they are also a very sexy and stylish widget, right?
It’s a well known story that people have been saving for months, and waiting for hours or whole days in line to get the new iPhone in their hands. And that is not because of technology. Everybody knows that is not the best design Apple is capable of delivering. If there’s something in which Apple is the best, that has to be their iterative work. They’ll continue launching new better versions of the Iphone. And we’ll continue buying, not because of its tech advantages but for the social ritual that the company has built around their products.
“You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work backwards to the technology.” — Steve Jobs
If you are an average company owner you must be wondering: How can it be possible to achieve this kind of user’s madness? Some says it was all because of Steve Jobs and now Apple is going down. But we personally believe it’s all about strategy. Maybe you should start rethinking your product based on our analysis:
- Apple’s taking fashion elements and strategy into their technology products. Maybe you can relate your field of work to another one. Look to the great companies, you might find some hints.
- If you have a product that is not quite acceptable by society, you should think of a restart. What will be socially acceptable and how can you adapt your product to that matter?
- What rituals or beliefs can you create on your product’s environment?
As we said, iterative work is a must, you won’t find the answer from night to day. If that happens, please let us know!
Pic copyright: — imore.com — http://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/larger_wm_blw/public/field/image/2014/09/iphone_6_history_stack_left.jpg